Looking for motivation? Need to recalibrate your training plan? Why not kickstart your 2019 winter training with a test of fitness on the Struggle Reliability Ride on Sunday 20 January 2019.
Struggle Reliability Ride is an annual winter ride, which also marks the start of the Hateful Eight Yorkshire Reliability Ride Series. A Reliability Ride is a traditional test of a cyclist’s reliability and that of their bike coming out of the winter period. The emphasis is on fitness, self-reliance and navigational skills - although nowadays GPX files are available.
What to Expect on the Struggle Reliability Ride
- Wrap up warm and wave goodbye to the turbo
- Sign on from 9am at Prologue in Harrogate. £4 (please bring correct change)
- Choose the ability group you'd like to ride with (12mph up to 20mph)
- Grab a pre-ride espresso and enjoy the banter with faces old and new
- Fastest riders leave first from 9:30am
- Navigate the flat and fast 90km route at the best pace you possibly can
- Find your way back to Prologue for post-ride coffee and cake
- Soak up the banter and thank fellow riders who helped get you round
- Thaw out back home, upload your ride to Strava and watch the Kudos come in.
- Do it all again next week. View the full series
The event is not a race. It is run on public open roads without marshals or signposts and riders must abide by the Highway Code. Riders are responsible for their own safety and must ride in a manner that is safe for themselves, other riders and road users.
Why Ride Struggle Reliability Ride
- Smaller, paced groups for all abilities
- Camaraderie from fellow riders out on the route
- Awesome atmosphere
- Flat and fast route
- First test of fitness for the new year
- Marks the start of the Hateful Eight Yorkshire Reliability Ride Series.