Appleyard Lees - BDO Velo Networking Ride
BUSINESS NETWORKING FOR CYCLISTS
The extremely popular annual Appleyard Lees - BDO Velo is a business networking cycling event open to any like-minded business person who wants to meet and connect - all while enjoying a ride out in the stunning Yorkshire Dales.
Date: Friday 7 September 2018
Time: From 8:30am
Location: Utopia at Broughton Hall
About Appleyard Lees - BDO Velo
With an office full of avid cycling fanatics and a bike-mad client list to boot, Appleyard Lees launched their annual cycling event in 2016.
What better way to bring everyone together than a day out of the office in the Yorkshire countryside enjoying the views by bike and networking with like-minded cyclists – all the while raising money for charity.
The event has since grown, and for 2018, leading accountancy firm BDO have joined forces with Appleyard Lees to create an even better event with more opportunities to network across business sectors.
Whilst the ride is focused on business networking, the popular Appleyard Lees - BDO Velo route also offers stunning scenery and takes in some beautiful views in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales.
The route also offers the chance to test yourself against our Strava Segments of the day: Malham Cove climb and Netherghyll Lane climb. With expert ride leaders hosting groups for varying abilities, Appleyard Lees - BDO Velo creates a fully inclusive day for riders of mixed ability.
On The Day
- Join the Appleyard Lees - BDO teams for coffee and croissants in Utopia, Broughton Hall, from 8:30am
- Enjoy the stunning, signposted route with friendly groups led by expert rider leaders
- Plenty of opportunity to meet new people, both on and off the bike – our inaugural ride was commended for its focus on networking
- Fuel up at our mid-ride feed station including optimal sports nutrition
- Feel safe in the knowledge there’s expert mechanical support out on the route
- Relax and reflect with your fellow riders back at HQ over a buffet lunch
Appleyard Lees - BDO Velo is proud supporters of the Macmillan Cancer Support charity. By spending just £20 to join us on the Appleyard Lees - BDO Velo, you’ll be donating all the profit from your entry to this fantastic charity in exchange for a great day out.
Utopia at Broughton Hall is a stunning cafe located on the Broughton Hall estate and designed to service the large cohort of business professionals with offices on site. Also open to the public as a cafe selling freshly made, gourmet food, it's a great place to hold business lunches and meetings.
- Morning tea/coffee and croissants
- Nutrition bundle (OTE Water Bottle, Bar, Gel)
- Choice of ride groups
- Fully-signposted route
- Experienced ride leaders
- Mechanical support
- Feed stations stocked with sports nutrition
- Business networking
- Buffet lunch
- Struggle Events finishers' bottle
About Appleyard Lees
Appleyard Lees is a leading intellectual property law firm of patent and trade mark attorneys and specialist solicitors, providing clients worldwide with a full spectrum of advice and a fully integrated approach to all aspects of IP.
BDO is the world’s leading accountancy firm with offices the UK as well as worldwide.